Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 7-8 hours
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 to 3.5 lb chicken
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium bulb garlic (about 20 cloves)
- 3/4 cup water or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, mix salt, paprika, pepper and oil to form a glaze. Spread evenly over each piece of chicken.
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, place onion slices. Arrange chicken over onions. Separate garlic into cloves; do not peel cloves. Place garlic around the chicken. Gently pour water or chicken broth into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours.
Note: after the chicken is done cooking, the garlic can be squeezed over potatoes, vegetables, or bread.
Eat like a champion!