Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 2 egg plants, peeled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cut eggplant into 1/4″ thick slices. Salt the slices, and let them soak in water for 20 minutes
- Drain the eggplant, and rinse with cold water to remove the salt, pat dry
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Dip each slice in egg, then dredge it in bread crumbs. Place each slice on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes on one side, flip them over, and bake for 5 more minutes
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees
- In a 9×13″ pan, spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Layer with half of the egg plant slices.
- On top, add another cup of sauce, spreading it evenly over the eggplant. Top that with 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with a second layer of eggplant, sauce, and cheese.
- Top with basil leaves
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese starts to turn golden
Eat like a champion!