Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
- 3 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Italian season bread crumbs
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 oz) package low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a 9X13 baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Drizzle a little more sauce. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Eat like a champion!